Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A SITE For Sore Eyes

View outside my homestay in the morning.

My choo...


One of these is SUPPOSED to be there....


Some neighborhood kids, the right is my brother...



Family portrait...


So just got to my site in Singida, Tanzania. The village of Ilongero.
Singida itself is pretty cool looking. Very much what you would expect from Africa. Lots of dry desert and badass rock formations. Here's a quick story:

So I move into my house and as they are showing me the place they say here's where you'll sleep and then theres this room. And I'm like, whats in that room? They're like don't go in there, there's a little bit of a bee problem. I'm like, I survived bats in the bellfrey, what could be worse!?

I walk into the room and there are hundreds of bees swarming from the ceiling boards, not just a hive, but a giant honey comb all over the ceiling boards.

Thankfully I think we got rid of them and everything is fine, but we will see how everything goes...

I'm keeping this short because I'm trying to upload pics, FINALLY, here it goes...
Cheers,
Jayce

No comments:

Post a Comment