Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Free at Last

As predicted the blogging definately slows down. Training has been a whirlwind but it is finally over. Thank the lord. If Peace Corps is a new chapter in my life, then training is the preface. A long, arduous, annoying, taxing, frustrating preface.

But whatever its over. Today we are swearing in. We are becoming official Peace Corps volunteers. Intense! The ceremony is being held at the US Ambassadors house, which I hear is pretty swanky. Then again, that could just mean that it has a sit-down toilet. Our standards for excitement are very low.

Tomorrow morning we are headed to our sites. I am going to be in the city of Singida. In a town called Ilongero. Its in central TZ a little north of the capital Dodoma. Im pretty pumped about it because I hear its pretty cool to look at and its hot, its famous for all its rock formations and stuff and its got a couple lakes nearby. I don't know if we are able to swim in them or not but a little case of worms never hurt anyone right?

The house that I am moving into has electricity. Im pretty stoked about that, I think I am one of about seven volunteers that got a site with electricity. Which should be great for listening to music and stuff, I still won't have internet at my house, but power is going to be siiiiick. I can't wait.

Other than that things are going great, looking foreward to the ceremony and getting this journey started! Oh and did I mention that I have lost like 27lbs? I am looking goooooooooood!

Next update will be from my new pad!


Cheers,

Jayce
182

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jayce,
    We're really proud of you and happy that you have survived "boot camp". We will be thinking of you tomorrow (our Wed.) when you will become an official PCV!! Sounds like you lucked out in getting that assignment and nice home, everything being relative, you know. Whatever it is, you are sure to make it interesting and fun for everyone. We head back to Mexico on the 25th, another interesting lifestyle! Take care, luv ya.....G.& G. K.

    ReplyDelete