Sunday, October 4, 2009

All Along the Watchtower

So the other day (is that how i start all my posts?) I was at my house and I heard a knock.

At the door, there was this woman. Granted she was black, but she looked way whiter than me. She had a big safari hat, sunglasses and a backpack. It was the first time I felt more Tanzanian than an actual Tanzanian. I digress.

The lady started going off about god this and god that and I just thought it was someone trying to get me to go to church with them-a common occurence. But then, she hands me a Watchtower magazine.

Turns out shes a Jehova's Whitness! What the eff! I didn't know that they have gone so global.

Thank goodness I just learned how to say "Thank you but I don't want this weird religious stuff, please don't come here again" in Swahili.


Cheers,
Jayce

No comments:

Post a Comment