Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Shades of Glory

Unfortunately, and pretty surprisingly I’m sure, my stories cannot be ridiculously hilarious all the time. So in that case, I decided to tell you guys some of the funniest stories that I have heard from my fellow volunteer to keep you entertained. Here’s one I heard the other day.

My friend had lost her sunglasses. In one of her packages from home she got a brand new pair to replace them. They were great. Not a cheap Tanzanian pair, but a good solid American pair of glasses. Just days after getting the new sassy shades, my friend had go to the bathroom… really bad. In a rush she ran to the bathroom and quickly put the new glasses on her shirt rather than her head, in order to prevent them from falling into the hole-in-the-ground-style toilet. As she scrambled to assume the appropriate position, she leaned over and BOOM! The glasses fell in the hole. Because the toilet was just a deep hole in the ground, there was so hope to retrieve the glasses but since she had to go so bad she just keep right on going. My friend had no choice but to sit there, sad, angry and disheartened, all while urinating on her new glasses!

She walks out and a friend asks her what’s wrong to which she replies “I just dropped my glasses in the hole and peed on them!”

Ha. I Love that one.

Cheers,
Jayce

No comments:

Post a Comment