Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bucket List

So it wouldn't be a succesfull internet session without a poop story would it?

I don't know how these keep hapening but now in the training class I am infamous for my bathroom stories.

So since I fell through the toilet last week (see Red, White and Poo) my Choo has been under repair. I have been having to walk across to the neighboors bathroom a couple houses down. This hasn't bothered me, I usually just wear a towel and a tank top and head on over with my bucket, its a little walk but no worries.

Until the other night. As Jim Gaffagan says, "Why is Diahrreah so hard to spell, but so easy to get?"

So I've got the BG's all day. It's been painful. But I deal with it. Go abouts my usual busniess and head to bed. 2am hits and BAM, I gots to go. But the thing is I have already gotten yelled at by my parents here about leaving in the middle of the night to go pee. And to get to the neighboors choo would be too much of an adventure, I wouldn't make it. The Peace Corps gave us a couple buckets to filter our water into, so I made a game time decision, I had to poop in a bucket.

I pop the lid off and go to town, knowing full well that my family could probably hear me in the next room. I triend to put the silencer on as best I could, but there was no use. I finish and sealed it up with the lid and went to sleep, relieved.

I had to dispose of the goods, but since we had no toilet I had to bring the bucket with me to my school toilet. The next day I walked to school with my red bucket, like a little kid carrying his lunch pale to his first day of school. Greeting all the villagers along the way all the while thinking they had no idea what was in the bucket. Now my class mates know if I bring a red bucket to class that day it was an eventful night. Good times.

Cheers,
Jayce

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to say I laughed my self silly reading your poopcapades..I love reading all the blogs.My daughter is Kate Glantz...Hope you have met her. Those choos..I'd rather go in the bush and I did while visiting Kate in June. Enjoy your time and be safe. If you see my girl,please give her a hug from her Mom.. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might as well call this blog. "Pooping in Tanzania".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessies mom here.......
    We so enjoy reading this. Take care of yourself.
    We have mutual friends. Im friends with Brian Rice's mom. Saw her today and we discussed u and Jessie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jayce, I'm Erica Reckards mom. I really enjoyed reading your blog. Keep it up! Hope everything comes out alright! Cathy Reckard cathy_nc@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you well as you move on tomorrow to Dar, Your memories of staying in Muheza will be comforting giggles as you settle into the site PC has set for you. ? WHERE INTHE WORLD IS J.K. ? So I am Amanda's Mother and Have so enjoyed your writings. I had printed them and sent them to her before she could spend time at a computer to read them all. And have computer time to chat up w/ home. I see the area where Songea is and it looks wonderful. I send congrats to you on your swearing in this Wed. And look forward to news from Don't Tanz Me Bro!!!!! You were very helpful in giving my minds eye a glimpse into my daughters new home early on as you all began your new lives in Tanzania Much love from a PC Mom!
    Hug Amanda for me. Before I can get there someday! Mary

    ReplyDelete