Saturday, July 25, 2009

Red, White and Poo

Remember the days when you could just sit back and relax while going number 2? Those were the days. I would check my text messages, read an Entertainment weekly, and just relax. Those days are long gone....

I know you have all been dying for another bathroom story so here it goes.

As I told you before my toilet consists of a hole in the ground leading into a big cave of poop. No long tube or anything just a thin layer of soil as the roof to a giant cavern of poop, let me emphasize, thin. I think you can see where this is going...

I decided to go number 2. I walk over to the "choo" and I was going about my business as usual. I walk into the bathroom look around and BOOM! The ground gives in and my right leg sinks into the ground! Here I am with half of my right leg stuck in the ground all the way past my knee. I am stuck dangling over a cavern of shit! I am there for what seemed like an eternity trying to free myself. I quickly get a grasp and pull my leg out and proceed to run and tell my host mama.

We go back to look at the hole and I am in shock of how close I was to the entire floor giving way and me falling in entirely. The whole night I could only imagine what I would have done having to climb out of this cavern of poop, all while screaming broken Swahili for my mama to come save me.

Did I mention this was all on the 4th of July?

God Bless America.

Cheers,

Jayce

1 comment:

  1. I just heard this story via Dave last night. Jayce, send me your address and I will FedEx Purell. Best of luck in all future African bathroom endeavors.

    -Kelsey

    ReplyDelete