Sunday, September 27, 2009

Roads Scholar

So the other night im hanging out with my 50 year old man-friend. His name's Orota andwere just having a beer in the back of his shop.

He invited his friend over and is like, "Hey Jayce meet my friend, Father Lukas, hes the catholic priest of the village"

So I meet him, feeling ashamed that im drinking and hoping he doesnt judge.

He proceeds to start throwing back Safari's like its nobody's business. He ends up getting pretty drunk and as hes about to leave he orders another beer and says (in a very funny English voice) "One for the road!?"

I die laughing and proceed to explain to him that in America we call those drinks "Roadies."

Highlight of my life, teaching the term roadie to a Catholic priest.

Did I mention this was a saturday night and he had to give a sermon the next day?

Halleujah!


Cheers,
Jayce

1 comment:

  1. Jayce, so good to hear from you again. As for the priest, I hope you were there Sun. morning to hear what he had to say! It might have given you more insight into life in Tanz. Miss you....

    ReplyDelete