Friday, September 4, 2009

Stranded at the Drive-In...

So the other night I am studying on the fronch porch of a local store. My usual hangout.

The owner invites me to watch the Man U v Arsenal game. I accept because I need to make friends. Who cares if hes 55, I need friends. We exchange numbers and agree to meet later.

7pm rolls around and I give him a call. Since I don't know the way he agrees to meet me at the health center. I go to the center and await his arrival.

715 rolls around...nothing
730 comes...no answer on his phone
745... his phone is off
8pm I return home

I felt like an ugly girl who got stood up at her senior prom. I went home, sat on my bed, and ate peanut butter out of a jar.

Was it simply bad luck? Did his phone just happen to break? Or did I just get stood up by a 55 year old Tanzanian man?


Cheers,
Jayce

No comments:

Post a Comment